Website Terms and Conditions
Welcome to www.carconnect.com.au (the "Website"). The Website is owned and operated by carconnect Pty Ltd ACN 104 742 449 (referred to below as "carconnect", "we" and "us").
- 2.1 All payments made through the website are in Australian Dollars
- 2.2 All Payments are subject to our refunds policy
- 2.3 All carconnect services are only available in Australia to Australian residents
3. Website Users
4. Website and Website Materials
- 4.1 Unless expressly stated otherwise:
- 4.1.1 the content of this Website, including all Website Materials, is general in nature and carconnect makes no warranty as to the accuracy or authenticity of the content of the Website; and
- 4.1.2 any prices, quotes, description of vehicles and other materials displayed on the Website are for presentation purposes and indicative only.
- 4.2 We do not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice), which is provided on the Website or incorporated into it by reference. The information on the Website is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the Website undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content before relying on that information.
- 4.3 These terms and conditions do not form part of the terms and conditions that will apply if you ultimately purchase a vehicle via carconnect. The terms and conditions which apply in relation to your purchase of a vehicle will be set out in a separate contract between you and carconnect.
5. Links to other websites
6. Acceptance of risk and release from liability
- 6.1 You are wholly responsible for your participation on the Website and you use the Website at your own risk. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for, and accept no liability in relation to, your use of the Website or your conduct in connection with the Website in any circumstance
- 6.3.1 in the case of goods supplied to you by us, replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods, repairing the goods, paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- 6.3.2 in the case of services supplied or offered by us, the supply of the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
- 6.4 Otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither carconnect nor any of its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, information providers, suppliers, associated entities or clients will be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including consequential loss or damage) to any person or entity, however caused (whether by negligence or otherwise), which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information or material provided on this Website or otherwise as a result of or in connection with the use of this Website or any information or material provided on or through this Website.
7. Prohibited activities
- 7.1 When using this Website, you must not:
- 7.1.1 infringe any intellectual property right (including copyright, database right or trade mark right) of any person or be in breach of any legal duty owed to any person, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- 7.1.2 reproduce any Website Content (as defined below) without our express written permission, which we may grant or withhold at our absolute discretion;
- 7.1.3 seek reimbursement from any other party for access to the Website or on-sell any information obtained from the Website;
- 7.1.4 engage in any conduct which is likely to mislead or deceive us or any other person, impersonate any other person while using the Website, conduct yourself in an offensive manner while using the Website, or use the Website for any illegal, immoral or harmful purpose;
- 7.1.5 submit, post, upload, email or otherwise send or transmit to the Website, or any user of the Website, anything that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly to the Website; or
- 7.1.6 interfere with the Website or the servers or networks underlying or connected to the Website or violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of the Website or any networks connected to the Website.
We use our reasonable endeavors to minimise viruses and bugs from infiltrating the Website, however, due to the nature of the internet, the Website may be affected by viruses or bugs from time to time. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the Website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of the Website or any linked
9. Intellectual Property
- 9.2 The entire contents and design subsisting in, relating to or arising out of the Website and available through or in connection with the Website including but not limited to copyright, logos, trademarks, designs, text, graphics, images, information, applications and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Website Content") are the intellectual property of carconnect, our content providers or our licensors, with all rights reserved.
- 9.3 You must not do anything, or omit to do anything, which may infringe these intellectual property rights, except with our express written permission. This includes reproducing any part of the Website or Website Content.
- 9.4 Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this Website only for your personal, non-commercial use. You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on this Website for your personal use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact.
10. Applicable law
- 10.2 This Website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. carconnect makes no representation that the content provided by this Website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for ensuring that your access to this Website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
- 11.1 carconnect may, from time to time and with or without notice to you, make changes to this Website, the Website Material and
13. Contacting us
PO Box 5012
South Melbourne, VIC, 3205