carconnect Consumer Loan Credit Guide
Explore carconnect's comprehensive consumer loan credit guide, which provides all the relevant legal information you need for your credit application. Make informed decisions when financing your next car purchase.
CONSUMER LOAN CREDIT GUIDE - FOR carconnect
Important Disclosure - Please Read
The information disclosed in this Credit Guide is current as at the which has been prepared based on all relevant information concerning this application for credit known to carconnect Pty Ltd (ABN 81 104 742 449) (“carconnect”), (“we”, “us”), as at the Date of this Document. This Credit Guide replaces any and all prior Credit Guides in relation to this application for credit assistance. carconnect reserves the right to re-issue this Credit Guide at any time where any new or additional information that may affect this application for credit or our provision of credit assistance becomes known to us.
Head Office Contact Details:
Unit 46, Slough Business Park
Silverwater NSW 2128
P: 1300 880 008
Australian Credit Licence number (ACL number):364340
About this Credit Guide:
This Credit Guide contains information about us as a credit assistance provider and how you can contact us, fees and charges payable to us for providing credit assistance, the name of the credit providers of the credit contracts in relation to which we provide credit assistance, any commissions that we or our directors, employees or credit representatives receive from the credit providers, our responsible lending obligations and our dispute resolution process. As a licensed credit assistance provider, we must, as soon as practicable after it becomes apparent to us that we are likely to provide credit assistance to you in relation to a credit contract, give you a Credit Guide.
The six credit providers that we conduct the most business with when providing credit assistance in relation to credit contracts are:
- 1. Macquarie Leasing Pty Ltd trading as Macquarie Leasing
- 2. Pepper Asset Finance Pty Ltd
- 3. RateSetter Australia RE Limited
- 4. Liberty Network Services Pty Ltd
- 5. MONEY3 CORPORATION LTD
- 6. Latitude Automotive Financial Services trading as Latitude Financial Services
Complaints and Disputes:
- If you have a complaint or dispute with carconnect, or the credit assistance that we provide, please use our internal dispute resolution procedure by contacting our customer service team:
P: 1300 767 288
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our internal dispute resolution process, you may contact our independent external dispute resolution scheme which is:
AFCA - Australian Financial Complaints Authority:
Telephone (free call): 1800 931 678 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST weekdays)
Fax: (03) 9613 6399
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited
GPO Box 3
Melbourne, VIC 3001
Email: [email protected]
Fees and Charges that may be payable by you to us for our credit assistance and for matters associated with providing the credit assistance:
carconnect Origination Fee:
- 1. Being for preparation and generation of all required documents by carconnect to support the application for credit.
- 2. Calculated as a fixed dollar amount for document preparation services provided.
- 3. This fee is payable once only upon settlement of the finance application.
- 4. Liberty Network Services Pty Ltd
- 5. This fee is not payable in the event that the application for finance does not proceed.
carconnect Establishment Fee:
- Being for professional services rendered by carconnect in performing credit activities associated with this application for finance. Calculated as a fixed dollar amount for professional services provided.
- This fee is payable once only upon settlement of the finance application.
- This fee is not payable in the event that the application for finance does not proceed.
Commission is paid to carconnect by the above named credit providers for the introduction of business.
Information about our fees, charges and commission:
You may obtain information about how fees and charges payable by you mentioned in this Credit Guide are worked out and a reasonable estimate of the commission likely to be received, directly or indirectly, by us and how the commission is worked out. If you wish to obtain this information, please contact us, using the details listed in the beginning of this Credit Guide
Volume Bonus Arrangement:
- carconnect has individual volume bonus arrangements in place with many of the aforementioned credit providers. We may receive additional commission depending on the total volume of business that we arrange with each credit provider.
- Such commission is paid by the credit providers to carconnect under the volume bonus arrangements.
Commission is likely to be paid by us to a third party for introduction of credit business or business proposed to be financed by the credit contract:
- This commission is only applicable if a consumer was introduced to carconnect by our authorised introducer or referrer and as such, will not be applicable in all instances.
- This commission is payable once only upon settlement of the finance application.
- This commission is not payable in the event the application for finance does not proceed. This commission is payable by carconnect to our authorised introducer or referrer.
- We may, on occasion, further incentivise select authorised introducers with a chance to receive additional referral payments based off a random draw run with appropriate permits and licences. The value of these payments may be up to a limit of $1,500. At the time of credit assistance, we cannot ascertain if any additional payment will be made in relation to any particular credit contract.
- We may, on occasion, remunerate select authorised introducers with a marketing subsidy if they meet set thresholds for the quantity of deals referred over an agreed period of time. The value of this subsidy may consist of a percentage of the authorised introducers approved advertising costs with the potential to reach75%. At the time of credit assistance, we may not be able to ascertain the value of the subsidy to be paid, or even if one is to be paid at all.
Responsible Lending Obligations:
The National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) requires that we must not provide credit assistance to you if the credit contract will be unsuitable for you. We provide credit assistance to you by:
- suggesting that you apply, or assisting you to apply, for a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider; or
- suggesting that you apply, or assisting you to apply, for an increase to the credit limit of a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider;
The credit contract will be unsuitable for you if, at the time we provide the credit assistance, it is likely that:
- you will be unable to comply with your financial obligations under the credit contract, or could only comply with substantial hardship; or
- the contract will not meet your requirements or objectives;
If the credit contract is entered in the period proposed for it to be entered or the credit limit is increased in the period proposed for it to be increased.
Our responsible lending obligations require us to:
- make reasonable inquiries about your financial situation and your requirements and objectives; and take reasonable steps to verify your financial situation; and
- make a preliminary assessment as to whether the credit contract will be unsuitable for you before providing credit assistance to you.
Copy of Preliminary Assessment:
You can request a copy of our preliminary assessment. We must give you a written copy of the preliminary assessment (free of charge):
- within 7 business days, if your request is made within 2 years of the date we give you a credit assistance quote under section 114 of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 ; and
- Otherwise, within 21 business days.
We do not need to give you a copy of the preliminary assessment if your request is made more than 7 years after the date we give you a credit assistance quote; or if we do not provide any credit assistance to you.
carconnect takes responsibility for the credit activities engaged in by our franchisees and employees or directors of our franchisees under a franchisee agreement with us and who are an Authorized Credit Representative (ACR) of carconnect. This document has been prepared by carconnect
This quote provides information about the fees you agree to pay for our assistance in sourcing finance for you.
Services to Be Provided
We will do our best to source the finance you require.
Maximum Fee or Charges for providing credit assistance and other services
If we successfully obtain the finance you require, you must pay us a fee for our services when the finance is settled. This administration fee is the only fee we charge you and may be included in the financed amount or can be paid directly to us. As we use a range of lenders, the maximum fee we may charge you is dependent on the specific lender that provides your finance. Ordinarily, the maximum fee we may charge for our services is $990.00 (including GST). In the event that you obtain finance through RateSetter Australia RE Limited, the maximum we may charge for our services is $1,500.00 (including GST). These fees are maximum possible fees, and the exact amount you need to pay will be fully disclosed on any loan contract before you sign and accept the loan offer. You do not have to pay us any other fees and charges for assisting you source finance. However, you may be required to pay fees to the financier. This Quote is only valid for 30 days from the date of issue. carconnect reserves the right to re-issue this Quote where the Quote is not accepted within 30 days from the date of issue.
I/We accept the quote for your services.
Full Name Signature Date